Wednesday, August 13, 2014

HAPEE MOSTR DAY


HAPPY MONSTER DAY!
xox  Thomas
p.s  He drew one for our neighbors as well.  
He has adopted them as his surrogate grandparents while in Erie.  
They play golf together in the backyard and chat like old buddies would.
Thomas has always had an old soul.

Thomas got his tonsils out a few weeks ago.
We got donuts and chocolate milk the night before the surgery.
A raspberry filled powder donut for T.  Apple critter for mom.  Chocolate for brother.  
We got movies like The Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter at the library.  
He woke up bright and early.  
We got him signed and settled in.  
He was SO mature and brave through the whole process.
He got a black and white spotted dog.
He met doctors, nurses and anesthesiologists and then was taken down the hall.  
I walked to the waiting room and texted Daniel.  "It is hard being a mom."  I tried really hard not to be emotional.  But he is my angel.  
He looked so peaceful and beautiful when I got to see him again.
He woke up and wanted to clear his throat.
He didn't panic.  He was so sweet and patient.  
He got a blue icy and some pain medication.  
Then we were on our way home.  
We spent the next few days watching movies, reading stories, doing puzzles, coloring, snuggling and loving each other.  
His recovery was great.  
He wanted to eat REAL food and was bummed to have to eat another pudding!
His drink of choice was caprisuns. 
He didn't like popsicles and ice cream.  The cold bothered him.  
He was bummed to have to sit still... as any active 6 year old would be.
He developed night terrors.  They went away after 2 weeks.  They were always about pain.  
Even though he is brave on the outside I think it was a bigger deal than he led on.
He stopped snoring the first night.
He doesn't make funny sounds when he eats.  Except that he still chews with his mouth open sometimes.  Sorry ladies I am trying my best!
He was a ROCKSTAR.  
I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!
Even if IT IS HARD BEING A MOM I feel lucky to be his.




No comments: